Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hollywood Nerds Join Campaign


Dear Constituents! do not be swayed by Book Brown's Scientologist Hollywood Friends! We all know how this story actually went down. We all know who is who's father (and rival)! Please join me and the intergalactic alliance in a new era where information travels at light speed! No, faster than light.

To help me campaign just post your thoughts on the following: 

1. If an e-book were a character from popular fiction, who would he or she be most like? 
2. If a paper book were a character from popular fiction, who would he or she be most like?

To get some ideas you might go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-book#History

(For the "game rules" see the first post =) May the cleverest person win ;)
I'f you're having trouble posting your thoughts here, please visit my "public figure" Facebook page under "E-Book Eclectic" and "Like" me, then you can post. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ambar,

    On a pop cultural level, I imagine e-readers as being similar to Mystique (spelling?) from X-Men. They're one stable entity, but they are able to shape-shift their content at will based on what they need at the moment.

    On a less pop-cultural level, I secretly wonder if they don't feel a little like Bartleby the Scrivener. They are forced to do all kinds of menial scribal work, and at the end of the day, they just wish that they could say "I prefer not to." Change the font, e-reader. Change the size of the font, e-reader. I prefer not to, annoying user.

    ReplyDelete